Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice and Knitts...


Snow... ehm Ice Day!!! Which means I don't have to teach today and it also means the lessons I prepared can be used on Friday and I don't need to prepare... Very exciting. And even better it gives me time to knit a few things that have been on someone's birthday wish list. I kind of have to make it up as I go and hopefully I will be more successful than the last few times I tried. We shall see.


On another note, I finally got around to blocking my rainforest scarf. Which is very exciting. I think it came out pretty well. Although I am not sure I will wear it. I have a million green scarfs among others a great big tube scarf from Urban Outfitters. So I don't know I may just give this one away... Not sure.


I also finished my very first cardigan. I really really like it. The pattern was super easy and it was flexible enough to be changed to fit me. I am still really really in love with the color of the yarn. It fits great and looks amazing. I actually wore it for teaching yesterday and it kept me nice and warm on the long drive to Montclair.


Recently, I also got some new yarn that I am very excited about. They are all KnitPicks brand. The beautiful Gloss Bordeaux is going to be a nice little sweater designed by Veera Välimäki called Plain and Simple. Of course the two hanks I got are not going to be enough... So I will just have to order a little more. I still don't know what I am going to do with the rest of the beautiful yarn. But I am sure I will come up with something. So stay tuned. New stuff coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment