Saturday, February 18, 2012

Rainy Saturday Night Fire

So, another week is over. I have done lots of knitting but there has not been a whole lot of finishing. One of the projects I am currently working on is actually a test knit for Megan William's first pattern called Serrated Scarf. It is absolutely lovely and I am on pattern repeat 5. I am also running out of yarn. I had a 490 yard skein of lovely Merino Sock in Teal Feathers from Hiwassee Creek Dyeworks and I thought I would make it through 5 repeats and edging and be fine... but... maybe not... actually it is more of a probably not. So I will be stash diving later to find a good yarn for the edging. Anyway here is a picture of the scarf after 2 pattern repeats.

I also realized that I never showed you the most recent addition to our growing stuffie collection. He has joined the other couch-occupiers and seems pretty happy. My husband calls this one Mr. Dragon, which is a terribly creative name for a stuffed dragon toy. In any event he was finished a little while after Christmas and is very cute. He is a pattern that was written by Katie Boyette and published in her second book "More KnitWits". If you are into toy and monster knitting you should definitely give her a try. I really enjoy her creativity and innovations.

I will try to have something done soon. So be on the look-out for more. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I can't wait to see a pic of your wearing the finished scarf!

    ReplyDelete