Sunday, January 9, 2011

More Christmas Gifts and other Knits from Book 2

The second book I have been knitting with was written by Katie Boyette and is called KnitWit: 20 Projects for Beginners and Seasoned Knitters. I love this book. The monster inside are really creative and fun to make. I find the patterns in this book a little more challenging since most of the things are knitted in the round and bodies and heads are generally made in one piece... so it is a little harder to follow what is going on in the structure once in a while... but I figured it out and once you have done one or two it is very very easy... (I have to admit I also started with one of the most difficult patterns in the book)... Well here is what came out of it:


The angry squid now lives in a stuffed animal hotel located in a seven-years-old room. He even got his own bed and cover...


Frank Monster lives with us. He also found a spot on our increasingly crowded sofa. My husband took him in since he had to live without an eye (and hat) for over 4 weeks. I simply did not have felt to make them with...


The small red ninja was initially intended as a gift but my husband (and everyone else) got really sick over Christmas and so I he got to keep the ninja and it made him very happy...


This black Ninja is going to live in Brooklyn once he gets picked up (or I receive a mailing address). He is a bit bigger than the red one, simply because I knitted him with size 5 instead of 3 needles.... Because he is bigger he got to have two shuriken and I knitted him Nunchucks (10 row long 5 stitch i-cords with a braided white connection...)... He is truly ready to fight ;)


This is Rosie. She currently is looking for a nice home and has taken shelter on our sofa. I might knit her some ears at some point but have not really felt like it yet....


Little Digit is made out of absolutely amazing yarn. It is all fluffy and changes color slightly as you use it.... he also has five heads of which you can see 3 in this picture. He also lives on our sofa and has become really good friends with Frank Monster...


This young lady is called frock. She has 6 legs and is wearing a really short skirt. I am not really happy with the way her eyes came out... So I may change them soon...


This funny critter just got done yesterday. He is a parrot-owl and quite happy. He is the first pattern in this book but I actually found him more challenging than any of the others. It took me a few tries to figure out how to join the eyebumps together... Maybe I was just really tired when I made him as it was late at night...



I am definitely going to make more of the monsters featured in this book. I really really like making them. And I have quite a few requests for knitted Ninjas.....

If you are interested in seeing more of Katie's creations go and check out her blog and Etsy store.

No comments:

Post a Comment